YarnAngelKnits

about the essentials of life...knitting, designing knitting, yarn for knitting...you get the idea...

My Photo
Name:

I'm a knitter, knitting pattern designer, and spinner. I also dye yarn with both acid and natural dyes.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Can you count to 6?

Apparently I can't. I've been working on a simple stitch pattern and I can't get it right. I'd like to call it a lace pattern, but I think the definition of lace knitting is that it includes both YO's and decreases on the right side. This stitch has plenty of YO's but no decreases. It gets rid of the extra stitches by dropping them. So, it is a dropped stitch pattern. Are dropped stitch patterns considered to be lace?
I worked on this pattern during the finale of Will and Grace on Thursday, and it was my knitting for the weekend. The whole weekend. I think I have a net gain of one row. And, remember, it's a simple, simple pattern requiring nothing more complicated than counting to 6.


Here's the offending project, pondering time out. The yarn is Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool in color 18. I found it at my favorite yarn shop, Taos Sunflower, in -you guessed it- Taos, NM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home