YarnAngelKnits

about the essentials of life...knitting, designing knitting, yarn for knitting...you get the idea...

My Photo
Name:

I'm a knitter, knitting pattern designer, and spinner. I also dye yarn with both acid and natural dyes.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Amazing Lace Redux

Yikes! I am beset by technological traps. Either that or I'm developing digital dementia. Last night I worked frantically to be able to post about Extreme Lace before the deadline. The Man of The House had been away and I was unable to figure a way to take photos of myself, so this was a totally last minute project. Then, the pictures taken, I quickly quickly quickly turned them into an easy-peasy (former 1st grade teacher, remember) montage. Holding my breath, I uploaded the project into Blogger. It took! It actually appeared and agreed to be moved to where I wanted it! Published the entry, copied the URL and went to the Lace site to enter the Challenge. Turns out it isn't a matter of simply pasting the URL. There is the dreaded HTML involved. I found the directions, carefully copied down the necessary code, was sure I understood what to do and did it. And...no link. Tried again...highlighted text appeared in the right place, but no link. This stuff is kicking my...afghan... but I'm not giving up. I learned PhotoShop, I can do anything. I just need to find a help source that actually helps. I want to know how to:
  • add buttons to the sidebar
  • add links to the sidebar
  • add links to free patterns to the sidebar and add the patterns to a separate page
  • add copyright information to bottom of said pattern pages
  • caption the pictures and wrap text.

It can't be that hard - how is it that so many other knitters can find out how to do this stuff and I can't?

If you know, please leave a comment!

Help!

Just for fun:

The first flowers on our heirloom miniature rose bush -

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

You need to Google basic HTML code. Then you'll know how to insert the code to do that! :)

June 28, 2006 2:21 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Thanks, Scout!

July 01, 2006 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home