YarnAngelKnits

about the essentials of life...knitting, designing knitting, yarn for knitting...you get the idea...

My Photo
Name:

I'm a knitter, knitting pattern designer, and spinner. I also dye yarn with both acid and natural dyes.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Oops! and other not-so-random topics

I awoke in the night after posting the last item about Lamb's Ear in Tacoma. It had come to me in my sleep (!) (no wonder I don't feel rested) that I had spelled Roxi's name incorrectly. When I checked the post, wow, I not only spelled it incorrectly, I spelled it 2 different ways (incorrectly). My apologies, Roxi!
I've since corrected the spelling - just check out the nifty HTML I found and - I think- was able to use for strikethroughs. In my research for this, I also stumbled across yet another way to attempt to add buttons to the sidebar. Maybe this time I'll get it...

In a mostly unrelated topic, I think that some people are having difficulty with the comments section. I have it set up so that I approve comments after having received a surprise early on. So, if your comment doesn't immediately appear, check back later. I love comments, they make my day, please leave one!

Yet another topic - I posted on the KnitTalker's list last week about a cotton top I'm designing that wasn't fitting properly in the armholes. An update - I eliminated the last two increases and increased the bodice depth (worked in the round from the bottom up) and the armhole now fits. I started on the lace 'skirt' part of the top, had it almost finished and then decided to change it. I spent part of last evening tinking. I could - and probably will- put in a lifeline and just rip, but I needed more light than I had to do that.

Lastly, finished the knitting part of a moebius hood. This has been an on-and-off project since last Christmas. Interesting how the moebius concept came up again (on the lists as a result of Cat Bordhi on Knitty Gritty) just as I took up this project for the third or fourth time. I've made two variations on this design, now. The first was a one skein wonder made to match my new Christmas coat. I always lose scarves, to I made one that was easy to put on and take off, but wouldn't come off on its own accord. Then I decided I liked the pattern so much, I wanted a hood in a similar design. I used 2 skeins for this one. They are both E. Lavold's Silky Wool and both in a reversible lace stitch. I'll post pictures when the blocking is finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home