YarnAngelKnits

about the essentials of life...knitting, designing knitting, yarn for knitting...you get the idea...

My Photo
Name:

I'm a knitter, knitting pattern designer, and spinner. I also dye yarn with both acid and natural dyes.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Update...

Project 1: lace moebius hood, finished knitting, on the blocking wires awaiting garter grafting.





The case The Man Of The House made for my blocking wires, pins, and yardstick. Uh, oh, please excuse the foot!


Which of these objects doesn't belong? Current home of the blocking wires in their new case.

Project 2: short row beret: awaiting grafting in stitch pattern. I'll probably do both grafting projects together. Keep the frustration opportunities to a minimum.

Project 3: lace top.


and:


Actually, I finished the knitting last night, but these are the most current photos. Just needs last few ends dealt with. I used Russian joins to attach new skeins but I'm going to try duplicate stitching the ends that are left and sealing with Fray Check on a toothpick.

Project 4: spinning. I think I've almost filled up this spindle. I have a lot of roving left and I sure need the practice, so I'll try slipping the yarn off and holding it on a long knitting needle until the next class. We're going to try plying!

Project 5: one finished sock of a pattern I submitted a while ago. I have only heard that the submission arrived and selection has been delayed, so I don't know if this is mine or not. Anyway, it's been marinating and I've decided (as always) to tweak it, so I'll run in a life-line and frog back to where I want to change things. Good TV project for the weekend. Has college football started yet?

That's all! Not too bad - only 5 and 2 nearly, nearly FO's.

Nature for today:


One of the Window Arches (the right one, as I remember) from Moab, Utah.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

You need to post a picture of you wearing that. I talked about it later today and man it's gorgeous.

August 19, 2006 7:09 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Thanks, Scout. Check out today's post!

August 21, 2006 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home