YarnAngelKnits

about the essentials of life...knitting, designing knitting, yarn for knitting...you get the idea...

My Photo
Name:

I'm a knitter, knitting pattern designer, and spinner. I also dye yarn with both acid and natural dyes.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Pictures First!

First, the yarn I dyed yesterday. It's actually looking better as it dries. I love the soft aqua in between the dyed sections. The 'sky blue' still looks too dark to me, but we'll see when it's reskeined and, the true test, when it's knitted up.

Since I'm in a mistake prone period, I decided to forget the lace pattern for my Fiesta shawl. All the stitch patterns I swatched looked like they were fighting with the yarn. Even simple yarnovers looked out of place. So, I did the math for a garter stitch Faroese shawl and have a luxurious edging in mind, pending finding the right yarn in the right texture and color.
I'm curious about the row gauge, however. I had some 12-15 inches worked before I frogged this the last time. The lace looked funny, but that wasn't all. Instead of a kind of a horseshoe shape, I had a boomerang.
Now, I'm about 1/4 through my available yarn and 1/3 through the mathmatically determined rows, and look at how short it is. My gauge swatch didn't indicate a problem, but as I knit and knit, this just doesn't seem to appear longer. I'm curious about how the yarn blocks out. It's Fiesta LaBoheme in the Coyote colorway, so it's an investment.



The women's version of my Waving Hands half-fingered gloves are finished except for the running in of the ends. I chose Jawoll Jacquard for this model because of the colors. I guess I didn't look closely enough at the dye pattern because the busy-ness was a surprise. Looking at the skein I have left (the pattern only took 50 g.!), I should have known.
















Close-up of the tiny cables in the cuff You can kind of see the uncrossed
cables on the hand, even with the

busy yarn.

Still working on the sport weight short row beret. Looks like it'll be frogged again - those pesky technique mistakes again. Somehow I got a hole where there is no short row or wrap. Didn't drop a stitch - actually, there are too many! No idea how that happened.

Also still working on fixing the sock tutorial link. Tech support finally got back with me, telling me that files could not be shared on their file sharing site! Huh? So, I'm looking at other places. I'll post the new link as soon as I come up with one.

Now let's see if this will post. I'm so grateful that the pictures loaded!



2 Comments:

Blogger Hazy said...

Those fingerless gloves look great! I hope you release the pattern (it is yours, isn't it?) soon!

November 08, 2006 3:32 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Thank you! Pattern is coming up as soon as I get the tech stuff worked out!

November 08, 2006 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home