YarnAngelKnits

about the essentials of life...knitting, designing knitting, yarn for knitting...you get the idea...

My Photo
Name:

I'm a knitter, knitting pattern designer, and spinner. I also dye yarn with both acid and natural dyes.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Spun Magazine!

Tara Schorr from Spun Magazine contacted me today to let me know that the fall issue will be up in a couple of weeks. Why did she notify me? Because I have a set of patterns in this issue! My collar and cuffs will finally hit the e-waves. Keep checking back for the exact link to my stuff, or, better yet, click on the button to the left.

In other news, I'm blocking the short-row beret. An almost finished object! I was commenting to The Man Of The House that this pattern was a great learning experience and I was going to include it in the Learn Something New series. It's a great way to learn short rows and grafting. Not just learn to follow the directions, but to learn how to do any short row, any grafting, and how to read your knitting when doing these techniques. The Man Of The House says,"Well, that sounds like a class idea." Duh! Why didn't I think of that? I was given the option of teaching a class of my choice and have been trying to think up something new to teach. There are short row classes out there, but I'm pretty sure that this project takes a different and perhaps more comprehensive approach. What do you think? Would you be up for learning how to short row in any situation? Graft in pattern?





The eye-candy of the day- the view from Sandia Peak, taken last Sunday during the beautiful cool weather.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

Wow! Congratulations!

August 30, 2006 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home