YarnAngelKnits

about the essentials of life...knitting, designing knitting, yarn for knitting...you get the idea...

My Photo
Name:

I'm a knitter, knitting pattern designer, and spinner. I also dye yarn with both acid and natural dyes.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Oh, dear...






...here I go again. I've been working on my scarf for the Red Scarf Project. It's kind of a sampler stitch design with a seaman's scarf neck. It's been fun finding all the reversible stitches and making them fit into the stitch count.


Just one problem. The scarf (right) shows my progress. I've folded it in half at the neck. I have just one stitch pattern to go - and - do you see it?



Yeah, that's it. I'm out of yarn. Again. This always happens to me. I go to the LYS, project in mind, buy wayyy more yarn than I think I could possibly need and I run out. Unless, like last summer, I order online and figure, oh, simple lace top, sleeveless, how much can it take? How about 10 skeins? The yarn arrives, I knit the top and l0-and-behold- it takes 5 skeins. Huh? Is the yarn curse broken?

I bet not. That means I have 5 skeins left over. You know, I bet I could make a shrug to match that simple sleeveless lace top. Use the same stitch pattern for the sleeves, maybe a little cap thingy in the bodice pattern, add an eyelet ribbing - that'd work. How much you want to bet I run out of yarn on the second project. Now that the color has been discontinued.

Back to the scarf. I'm a little worried about this. My LYS is moving, so they had a big sale and last time I was in there (to buy my red scarf yarn), the inventory was pretty scanty. I think that they had one (1) skein left in this color. Last week. What are the odds that they have it still?

And you know, I already have a project in mind for the leftovers from the last red skein (the one I haven't found yet)!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

I'll be there tomorrow so let me know if you want and I can look.

September 14, 2006 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home