YarnAngelKnits

about the essentials of life...knitting, designing knitting, yarn for knitting...you get the idea...

My Photo
Name:

I'm a knitter, knitting pattern designer, and spinner. I also dye yarn with both acid and natural dyes.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Monday, Monday

Fall is here already. The nights are getting cool, the days are beautiful, with that I've-got-to-get-outdoors feeling. And, of course, I have a cold. Already.

But, before I got sick, I stopped by Village Wools and picked up the skein of red yarn that Scout had saved for me. Thank you again, Scout!

Here is the finished scarf for the Red Scarf Project 2007. (Whew, last time I linked to the Project, my whole blog went blooey and it took forever to unscramble it.)


I'm going to post this as a free pattern in support of the Project, so more detailed pictures and the instructions to come when my head clears up.

In the meantime, I also worked on the sari-silk purse.

Notice the knitted in corner.

And, once again, I ran out of yarn.

Kind of. I have enough to finish the body of the bag, but not the strap. I thought about using the almost full skein left from the Red Scarf, but unfelted yarn doesn't make the best strap. Too stretchy. The red yarn is superwash, so no can felt.

While at Village Wools on Saturday, I checked out their recycled yarns. They don't have the same brand as Espanola Fiber Arts, but I'm not sure it would matter. There isn't much consistency in this type fiber, anyway, so I went for contrast. What do you think?

So, Red Scarf finished, red purse waiting on a zipper...what's next?

Stay tuned...

5 Comments:

Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Love love love that red scarf!

September 20, 2006 5:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was reading through the red scarf project and found a link to you there. That is an amazing scarf. Beautiful Job!! Very new to knitting, but I have been thinking of making a scarf for this project. Would love the pattern for your scarf. Again Beautiful job!!!

September 20, 2006 6:05 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Thank you, Norma,Gale, Brandy, and Scout! I'm working on getting the pattern up today.
Marie

September 20, 2006 11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the red scarf. What a beautiful design. I look forward to seeing the pattern as I need some new ideas for great red scarfs!

September 21, 2006 6:57 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Thank you, all. The pattern is up - see the Free Red Scarf Project Pattern link on the sidebar. If you make it, I'd love to see it!

September 22, 2006 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home