YarnAngelKnits

about the essentials of life...knitting, designing knitting, yarn for knitting...you get the idea...

My Photo
Name:

I'm a knitter, knitting pattern designer, and spinner. I also dye yarn with both acid and natural dyes.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Socktoberfest and other interesting net info

I was perusing over at Scout's blog today and noticed that she's added some new buttons to her sidebar. Socktoberfest? What's this? I'm Marie and I'm a sockaholic...so, I had to check it out. You can, too, here. I'll wait.

Did you see all of those knitters already signed up? Can't you just imagine all of the creative socks we'll be seeing? Tutorials? Hmmm...I've been taking pictures of the basic Magic Loop sock I'm knitting now of the first self-striping yarn I dyed. Should I?

After you've signed up for Socktoberfest, take a minute and go over to Kristine's new blog. She's just started and it's already professional-looking. I've enjoyed her posts to one of the big knitting lists and am looking forward to seeing her knitting as well as reading about it.

There were two comments today about the Baked Oatmeal recipe I posted a couple of weeks ago ("and now for something completely different"). I forgot to include the amount of milk! Oops - that's what comes from typing the ingredients in a different order than I'd written them on my recipe card. Anyway, thanks to those who noticed and the correction had been made. Check it out if you've copied the recipe. It's perfect for our rather prematurely cool weather in ABQ.

Pics of the sock-in-progress and maybe the snow we drove through this weekend (yes, snow in NM in September) tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

Glad to enable.... :)

September 25, 2006 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home